- Respect the stated objective and code of ethics.
- Engage in professional activities with sincerity, moral rectitude, decency, equity, and good faith so that your acts and behavior reflect well on the profession.
- Respect all applicable laws and rules on leadership, governance, and health management in the jurisdictions where the member resides or engages in professional activities.
- Maintain competency in health management, leadership, and governance by putting in place a personal development program that includes assessment and ongoing training.
- Refrain from inappropriately using business connections for personal benefit.
Any financial or other conflicts of interest should be disclosed to HeSMA
- Follow the HeSMA Code of Ethics for the benefit of the profession, not for your own gain.
- Be mindful of professional confidentiality.
- Improve the standing and reputation of the health systems/care management field by engaging in community service and good public awareness campaigns.
- Avoid getting involved in any activity that undermines the respect and legitimacy of the health systems/care management profession.