4th Health and Leadership Congress Call for Abstracts
Send case studies or full congress presentation papers (together with abstracts) to email@example.com before 29th March 2023
- January 2023 – Call for papers opens on 18th January
- February 28th, 2023 – Speakers notified of Acceptance
- March 29th, 2023 – Call for papers closes
- March 30th, 2023 – Final agenda published
- April 10th, 2023– Final program and confirmation of speakers and presenters release
For conference subthemes, objectives, abstract/manuscripts development, and submission guide please click here
Learning Management System Activated!
In healthcare management, leadership, and governance, continuous professional education (CPE) are deemed an essential tool by institutions, regulatory bodies, and organizations. It is considered a safeguard to professional practice to ensure patient safety and efficient service delivery. The Wired for Excellence (Wired4EX) program is a capacity development program for HeSMA that integrates technical, management, and leadership knowledge, skills, and attitude acquisition as the center for professional development.
From 10 years of exploration that HeSMA has a progressive framework for professional development that provides the following tools;
- Health and management competency framework that provides an 80-set of skills that needs to be acquired by professionals in healthcare leadership.
- The Health sector together with HeSMA and other stakeholders have developed Curricula for training Healthcare leaders that stipulate the need and course content
- The accredited courses and programs cover specific areas that practicing healthcare managers must acquire on a progressive basis. This means that all skills acquired are documented and updated on individual members’ accounts through a framework under the Guidelines of accrediting and certification of healthcare managers.
- All practicing healthcare managers must acquire knowledge and skills and keep up with the requirements of the profession.
To start accumulating these skills managers are advised to log in to Canvas and start the acquisition of knowledge and skills on-the-go. These courses that are on offer at reduced costs for HeSMA Members can be acquired by any healthcare worker who is looking forward to transitioning to healthcare management.
To log in you need to download CANVAS as an application through this link
Once you download the application send as a text message to +254729872543 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get settings for an account with us.
If you have an account with us sign up for these courses available in 2023!
Governance and Ethics in Healthcare
Health Systems Research Development
Systems thinking for Health Systems Strengthening
Leadership for 21st Century Healthcare Managers
Revolutionizing Healthcare. Must Do!
As the HeSMA board on behalf of all the members and users of health services, we are excited to offer insights and if needed, an opportunity to contribute to support your mandate to deliver health services to all Kenyan Citizens. With full realization and acknowledgment of your constituents’ high expectations regarding quality of health with a critical focus on improved health services in your counties. We take this opportunity to share our professional health management ‘wise counsel’ with you. Which we believe will help empower your steps in the provision of the noble service of healthcare. The Items cover the following areas of the health systems and suggested solutions;
Leadership and Governance; Financing and other resourcing; Human Resources; products and technologies; Health Services; equipment and physical infrastructure; health innovation, research, and partnership; information systems
For a more detailed problem analysis and suggested solution visit here